Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Here We Go...

So... here's how long it's been since I've used the internet. My computer was old when I got it 4 years ago (a hand me down, thankyouverymuch) and it makes this awesome clicking noise through the speakers because I'm on a wireless internet connection. I feel like I showed up to school with a pad of paper and a pen and everyone around me is taking notes on a palm pilot or something. Someday when I am independently wealthy I will buy a new computer.

I like to think I am a pretty crafty Mom, and I figure that some of the shit I come up with could come in handy for other crafty moms. I am big on reusing things, because reducing and reusing are WAY more important than recycling. I just discovered, in fact, that the plastic bags that sheets and blankets come in (the sturdy ones with zippers on them) are amazing when you have a baby who likes to explore everything, especially your handwork, but you like to keep more than one ball of yarn around you.

Currently I'm working on a rug out of two different blue rug yarns I found in my giant collection of yarn. It all fits into this neat cube of a plastic bag. When I work on it, I just take out the one ball of yarn I'm using and the rug, and zip up the rest for Kavan to play with. Extremely awesome...he's entertained and I'm not getting frustrated with my 11 month old explorer.


So...As I have recently acquired internet access, I figure I will start a collection here of helpful things, my favorite websites, simple patterns, recipes, and new ways to reuse things...Also, probably a few good drink recipes, because those always come in handy. Here is my new favorite drink:

Fill a tall glass with ice
1 oz Absolut Pear Vodka
1/2 oz Pomegranate Pleasure DeKupper
Near Fill with 7up
Top With Cranberry juice

That's all for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment